Our terms of reference
Our Terms of Reference for the current designation period (2019 – 2023) are to support WHO in:
1. Strengthening the institutional capacity in Member States to implement Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
2. Promoting and utilizing the methodology of HIA for Member States to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and address health impacts of climate change
3. Support WHO in developing educational materials for HIA and organizing annual HIA training events.
This will be achieved through undertaking the following activities related to HIA:
• High-impact research and information dissemination
• Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies etc.)
• Institutional development, training and education.